Friday, February 25, 2011

Review: Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

Title: Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens
Publish Date: August 15, 2009
Source: Author
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Cover Love! Love the clouds and the hot guy's face, I am guessing is Matthias? So simple and well, heavenly.
Age recommendation: Except for some mild drinking and other older language, I would say this
book is for any teen 14 and up.
Summary from Goodreads:

I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.


My thoughts:
So we have Zoe, who has some drinking and partying problems because of the little attention she gets from her parents. The reason? Zoe's little sister, Abira, is autistic, not to mention her brother is a druggie. But when a mysterious young man starts showing up everywher
e she and Abira goes, Zoe cannot help but wonder what this young man wants or is.

Matthias is the perfect guy, he is nice (too nice), honest, funny, and hot. Oh, and did I mention he is an angel assigned to protect Zoe's little sister Abira?

Zoe has it tough, I don't know how it is to have an autistic family member but through Zoe's eyes I can see that it is not easy. To some extent I see her point of view, and I see why she does all they partying and the drinking and first. And I would like to say that at the beginning I didn't like her much as a character.
She was pissed that Abira couldn't act like other children her age and that she was always stuck taking care of her. But as the story unfolds and she meets Matthias and he helps her understand more things about herself and her sister.

I loved Matthias, he was so innocent and pure. So much like I imagined and angel would be If I ever met one. He is also hot, funny, and charming which are things I hope to find if I ever meet an angel. I have read other novels and I they made the image of an angel so impure and non-celestial it kind of throws me off. But with Matthias he is the perfect balance of innocent and old-fashioned an immortal angel should be. Just wanted to point that out.

The story plot was very interesting and the ending, you will never see it coming. I know I didn't.
I love reading books where the main character has a change of heart for the best and this is one of them. Internal struggle between what it right and what the heart wants. It was an original love story with a twist and I loved every page of it. There is also a second possible love interest but you'll have to read the book yourselves to find out. Then come and talk to me about it! You wanna clue? Nerdy-hot! My favorite kind of guy. Is that really a word? Probably not, but it is now.

This book has a special place in my book loving heart, I will never forget it. I am not being melodramatic here, I truly and really enjoyed it. The characters are so real and so easy to like. And the story has issues people like me and you go through every day.

So want to read about an agnsty-but then not angsty- teen, who during that transition meets a handsome old-fashioned angel who is assigned to protect her little sister but they end up liking each other a little too much? Then this book, fellow book lover, is the perfect book for you!

How many Butterflies?



5 Butterflies



What's Next?
Cannot wait to see what happens next? Neither can I!

Penitence by Jennifer Laurens







1 comment:


© Copyright More Than Just A Book. FDS