Thursday, June 5, 2014

Half-Price Books Clearance Sale: Is it worth it? You decide.


Disclaimer: I'm not even going to boast about how its good to be back or hit you guys with another sorry excuse. I'm back to reading for the summer so I thought I would bring you some quality content that is informational and fun. I hope you enjoy! 


This Sunday, I attended Half-Price Book's clearance sale in Arlington, Texas. Which is about 30 minutes away from where I live so it wasn't that bad of a drive. I'm not sure if this is a yearly event (if someone knows let me know in the comments) but I was able to attend the last day that it was open.

In the end, I ended up paying about 49 dollars for everything you're about to see.


I'm gonna start with books that were $2 each (in very good condition):



Starting from the left side - starting from the bottom:

Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
The Truth About Forever (the new cover!) by Sarah Dessen
This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
Inkheart (Inkworld #1) by Cornelia Funke
Fly on the Wall by e. lockhart


Right side - starting from the bottom:

Something Remains by Inge Barth-Grözinger, Anthea Bell (Translator) HARDCOVER
The Sweetness of Salt by Cecilia Galante  HARDCOVER
Take Me There by Carolee Dean
Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson
Such a Pretty Face by Cathy Lamb
Pack Up the Moon by Anna McPartlin
Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork

I was actually freaking out because Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys was one my favorite books when I was in middle school. It is so good! I recommend it.

These following books were under $1 each: 



From top to bottom:

Major Crush by Jennifer Echols
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Sijie Dai, Ina Rilke (Translator)
All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab

For all of you who are curious here are the DVDs I got ($2 a piece):



Top To Bottom:
Daddy Day Care
13 going on 30
The Notebook
A lot like Love
How to Deal
The Price and Me

I was on a chick-flick mood ;)

I had so much fun browsing all of the tables full of books. For those of you who are not readers, there are also video games, DVDs, Anime, and old records. I advise you if you are going to this sale you're going to spend about seven hours there just like I did so clear any other plans you might have!

In my opinion, it was totally worth it attending this sale. I found some really awesome books that I would have never gotten at this price.

If you have ever attended this sale, let me know what cool things you found!

See you guys later!


All reviews from Goodreads.com


1 comment:

  1. First, welcome back! :) Second, SCORE! That is an awesome haul of books! Totally worth it. You lucky ducky.

    ReplyDelete


© Copyright More Than Just A Book. FDS