Monday, August 15, 2011

New BOOKISH School Year Resolutions

It is that time of year again...going back to school! New teachers, harder classes, and more responsibilities; all great things to look forward to. Right now, this is me:


Because going back to school will mean I will be doing this:


Instead of reading, Internet browsing, blogging and all the fun stuff.

But I am gong to write up a couple of things I want to stick to doing this school year so I can get in some more reading and blogging time. Also, I am going to write up some things that I gotta stick to during the year so I won't  be so distracted with reading and blogging.

  1. Try to read one book a week, and review that book at the end of each week. (One book a week is an accomplishment for me during the school year, that is how much homework I get.)
  2. Do NOT read before gong to sleep. I always end up telling myself "One more chapter", two hours later I am going to sleep at 3 AM , and wake up tired.
  3. Homework first; reading/blogging later. I did NOT stick to that last year, and ended up doing homework at the last minute.
  4. Limit Twitter time. I am addicted to twitter, so I will limit my time to 30 minutes a day. I will try to stick to that.
  5. Take a book everyday to school. You never know when you will have random free time.
  6. Sleep early wake up early. If I don't have to wake up earlier that usual to study, I will wake up earlier to read. 
  7. Study as far as away from books that I read for fun as possible. When I was in studying hell last year, I used to grab a book from my bookshelf and start reading it (short attention span), no studying got done after that.
  8. Have fun this school year! I cannot tell you all the stress I went through last year, I took everything so seriously  I don't want to do that anymore, I will take my school work seriously but not kill myself over it!
  9. READ AS MUCH AS I CAN!
How about any of you guys? Do you have any back to school resolutions? Any advice? 

High School students, have a great year!


5 comments:

  1. First of all, you're awesome. This post was adorable. Secondly, wishing you luck and a happy back to school. Shhh...I'm super excited. All my boys will be in school full-time for the very first time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way....thanks for sharing I need to this, because last year when I couldn't do both I just quit reading all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kim OMG thanks! You just made my day! <3 Thanks lol, I hope I can do as well as I did last year. Haha I can see why you are excited. Good luck to your boys too!
    @Dahlia Glad I could help =) Don't quit reading, you can make some time! Good luck in classes this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I wish you the best of luck with your resolutions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those seem like realistic goals. Just try to stick to them. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog. New follower.

    ReplyDelete


© Copyright More Than Just A Book. FDS